Thursday, July 29, 2010

Persona 3 Portable, part 2

Well, I beat the game last night. That last month really wore me out - I was able to complete both the Aeon and Magician S. Links - just barely. I finished the Aeon one on the last day possible.

I was grinding like crazy, though. I got my MC up to level 85 (like twenty two or twenty three levels over the level I was at when I beat P3:FES) before I had enough of it, with about 8 days to go in the month. I hadn't unlocked whatever weird dungeon you unlock for beating the Reaper because I had only tried him once (at level 80) and couldn't beat him.

It is fucking stupid how few Exp Bonus cards you get during Shuffle Time in the last block of Tartarus. I looked up the percentages online, and it's like 40% yen, 20% weapon, 30% blank, and 10% Exp. Why?! This is the best time to grind! It's not like I have any S. Links to do! The last boss is coming up! Give me some fucking Exp Bonus cards! I definitely would have had the will to get to level 99 had I been able to reliably get the bonus instead of getting like 400 exp each time. I even shrunk my party down to just me and one other person (so I could still perform All-Out Attacks) to boost my Exp, and it worked, but only a little because I still didn't get the cards. By the time I hit 85, I had had enough and just slept early every night until the boss.

So, my final S. Links:

Fool
Magician
Priestess
Hierophant
Chariot
Hermit
Strength
Hanged
Death
Temperance
Devil
Tower
Moon
Sun
Aeon
Judgment

16 out of 19 (I think)! I missed maxing Fortune, Justice, and Emperor. When I played through FES, I believe I maxed out Emperor, and it wasn't changed for P3: Portable, so I didn't really miss anything there.

I'm happy with my playthrough this time. I don't know when I'll start up a male MC playthrough - that last month really burned me out. I think right now I'm going to go fire up Shiren Wii again, and start a new game on Easy, so I won't lose my equipment when I die, which will mean I won't punch any lights in my apartment like I did last time.

Until next time, Mitsuru...

No comments:

Post a Comment