Monday, May 10, 2010

Thoughts on Super Princess Peach pt. 2

Whoa! Two blogs in one day! Craziness!

But I'm loving this Super Princess Peach game, you see. Having gotten past the somewhat sexist parts of it, I've come to discover its charms.

I'm two levels into the third world, you see. The second world starting throwing some simple puzzles at me. It started when I noticed a waterwheel, unmoving, in a gushing waterfall in one of the early world 2 levels. I made Peach cry into it, and it starting spinning, which caused a pipe to appear elsewhere in the level, allowing me to find one of the Toads for that level (the "Level Collectable" in this game are captured Toads). The world put a few more twists on this theme, with a windmill one where I spun it to unlock doors, etc. One of the more interesting ones was where you make Peach cry, which causes her to not only spout water, but run extremely fast, allowing you to get across a quickly-collapsing bridge to find another Toad. I had to avoid Koopa Troopas while I did it, as well, which added a little (but not much) challenge to the game.

As an aside: Dry Bones are in this game. Yesssssssssssss

Having played the Wario Land games within the past two years (and chronicled them here!), I've noticed that Super Princess Peach plays a lot like a Warioland 5, for example. It's very, very easy so far, but if the difficulty ramped up and some harder puzzles appeared, it would seem as though this was just a Wario game where the Wario just wears a pink dress and cries from time to time (yeah, don't think about that). The different abilities of Peach coupled with her ability to, well, die if she loses enough health, really makes me think of the first Warioland, to be honest.

So I suppose what I'm saying is if this game gets harder soon, then it will make me very, very happy. Perhaps I'll float, allowing me to activate windmills...

No comments:

Post a Comment