Thursday, May 1, 2008

Mario RPG: Slightly Off-Topic Rant

I know Mario RPG is like 12 years old, but this is bullshit because I've seen it in recent games. By "it", I mean fake treasure chests. If i open a treasure chest, but it's actually a monster, that's ok, I guess, if a little stupid. But if the monster is ridiculously powerful and kills my party in just a few turns, that's retarded. And the one in Mario RPG wouldn't even let me run from it, for fucks sakes.

See, I could handle all the other enemies in the area, no problem. I even beat a boss before I encountered this guy. But this is just fucking stupid. He killed Mario, Bowser, and Geno very goddamn quickly. He even summoned little Goombas (four of them, dammit!) that did almost as much damage as he did!

Are the developers suggesting that I save before I open any treasure chest I find? Well, I'd love to, devs (well, actually, I wouldn't, but for the sake of the argument let's just continue)! But I can't, because I have to be at a save point and you won't let me save anywhere. So don't put stupid bullshit traps in your game that basically kill me instantly and erase tons of fucking time!

Assholes.

(Click here for Part 1 of my Mario RPG Impressions) (Part 2) (Part 3) (Intro Article)

1 comment:

  1. Ha yeah I remember those treasure chests. Don't they have like sharp teeth when you open them? They're so tough to beat, I think I skipped a bunch of treasure chests for that reason.

    ReplyDelete